Join the biggest community of Biomechanic Researchers and Sport Scientists in the world.
The Vicon Biomechanics and Sports Science community encompasses many applications, including research, sports performance and animal science.
From providing the first pioneering gait analysis systems, to developing the most advanced motion capture software today, Vicon has been supporting your community every step of the way.
A unique range of hardware and software to meet your research and educational needs. Join the largest biomechanics community in the world.
The analysis of movement for sports performance enhancement or injury prevention, whether clinical, research or educational, requires a fully flexible motion measurement system capable of capturing motion in all environments with minimal set-up.
Vicon solutions can be designed around the requirements of any sports performance application.
Do you want to analyze the movement and behaviour patterns of animals?
Vicon has a versatile, robust and easy to use system for you. From horses to birds, fish to dogs, rodents to insects. Whether your goal is to understand animal biomechanics, to analyze behaviour or simply to record positions, Vicon can provide the right solution.
Top 10 reasons to use Vicon for Biomechanics and Sports Science
- BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY
- Vicon systems are in widespread use among biomechanical researchers world-wide. As the largest supplier of optical motion measurement systems to universities, hospitals and other leading research institutions, new members to our community will immediately benefit from a widespread and knowledgeable user group.
- REAL-TIME BIOFEEDBACK
- Many applications, such as stroke retraining and sports performance analysis require real-time feedback with minimum latency. Low latency is critical in these environments and helps to ascertain whether goals have been accomplished or to instantly see improvement in training techniques. Vicon systems allow you to obtain the 3D positions of the markers and integrate real-time data from force plates and EMG.
- CAPTURE IN ANY ENVIRONMENT
- Vicon systems work where you do – whether that's in a lab, on a sports field or on a ski jump. Winter or summer, indoors or outdoors, we have a Vicon system for you.
- FLEXIBLE AND EASY TO USE
- Working with Vicon equipment doesn't require an engineering degree.
For Vantage and Vero, a single cable provides everything your cameras need - power, data and synchronization.
Our biomechanics software, Nexus, has a friendly user interface and straightforward analysis process.
- AUTOMATIC PROCESSING
- Post capture analysis can be fully automated, from automatic marker labeling to automatic event detection.
Quality assure your data set before the subject starts the next trial with minimal manual intervention.
- TOTAL MODELING
- Vicon systems can be used with multiple modeling solutions to create clinical models via the Nexus software, including Matlab, Python, Visual3d, LabView, ProCalc and BodyBuilder.
- INDEPENDENTLY PROVEN, INDUSTRY LEADING ACCURACY
- Vicon's dedication to innovation ensures that our systems are the most accurate on the market. From 1.3-16 megapixels, every Vicon optical camera captures highly detailed grayscale information, which helps the system define the center of each marker to sub-millimeter accuracy. Beautiful, fully calibrated and synchronized HD video overlay is delivered in Nexus with Vicon's dynamic video calibration and the Active Wand. Every step of the way, quality, precision and repeatability is our focus.
- QUALIFIED CUSTOMER SUPPORT
- We believe our support engineers should have an intimate knowledge of the science, not just the technology. That's why our industry-leading customer support team consists of engineers with clinical science, biomechanics and Sports Science background, including several PhDs. You can rely on Vicon for expert support.
- ANY BUDGET
- With Vantage or Vero, a Vicon solution can be customized to both your needs and your budget. Our hardware and software can be matched to ensure you get the results you need at the price you want.
- SOFTWARE FOR THE COMMUNITY
- Vicon has developed a complete suite of software for our sports science and biomechanics community. Capture your data in Nexus, and create a custom biomechanical model with ProCalc.
Vicon gives you the ability to write your own tools using our SDKs. Streaming real-time data into third-party or customized applications is straightforward - all the data is sent out using a simple network protocol.