Your industry partner for virtual reality
tracking and ergonomic studies.
Ergonomics and Human Factors
Need to undertake the 3D assessment of human interaction with products, work space or living spaces? In use in a wide variety of ergonomic and human factor applications, Vicon systems can help with your motion measurement and analysis needs. Customers in this field include: BMW, Indesit, Toyota, Ford, John Deere, and University of Michigan - Transportation Research Institute.
Vicon provides the most accurate and true-to-life manipulation of graphics for animation or simulation. Vicon's low latency tracking eliminates the lag, inaccuracies, unpredictability and unresponsiveness of traditional magnetic or inertial technologies. Customers in this field include: Dreamscape VR, Ford, Artanim, NASA, Airbus, CLARTE, Virtual Engineering Centre, Exxon, Maserati, ESA, and Oblong.
Top 7 reasons to use Vicon for Virtual Reality applications
- ZERO INTERFERENCE
- Vicon optical tracking outclasses electromagnetic, inertial and ultrasonic technologies in speed, latency and precision. Yet it is the simplest to set up and calibrate. Optical technology provides interference free performance and is not susceptible to motion errors which affect other types of systems.
- CUSTOM-BUILT INNOVATION
- Not only does Vicon have a long history of developing cameras, imaging sensors, lenses and onboard camera processing, but also, in 2013 Vicon launched Apex, a custom-built interaction device for virtual environments.
- ALL ENVIRONMENTS
- From tight spaces in a vehicle cab or cockpit, to CAVE environments, there is a Vicon system that can help you.
- LOW-COST OPTIONS
- With a wide range of cameras available, and reliable tracking using as little as two cameras, a Vicon solution is more accessible than you might think, and outclasses other systems with higher camera counts.
- FULLY INTEGRATED
- For the VR environments, stream data straight into Unity, Unreal, MotionBuilder, Dassault Systèmes Delmia and PTC Division Mockup. Tracker supports the Vicon DataStream, which allows Unicast TCP connections, Multicast UDP connections and VRPN. Everything works together - beautifully.
- SUPER LOW LATENCY
- For the most realistic immersive experience, achieving the lowest possible latency is a priority. With the Vicon motion tracking system, it is possible to go as low as 1.5 ms
- SET IT AND FORGET IT
- With a Vicon solution, you just set up the cameras, turn them on and calibrate in less than 30 seconds. The system automatically starts tracking the second you turn it on. Vicon cameras look after themselves, so you can look after the reason why you wanted tracking in the first place.